Friday, July 15, 2011

My first bead embroidery...

It has been a long time since I bloged here last but the time seemes to just fly by. Last weekend my youngest daughter had her first birthday and I realised I have been home on maternity leave for a year and that I am soon to get back to work. At the same time my oldest daugther is starting school and me and their father, my fiance, celebrated ten years as a couple in the spring. And just today I realised that I have been trying to stop time and kind of just blured out several dates that I new was comming up but just stood there like "Oh! Is that tomorrow". SO even though I have been making jewelry I have hardly taken any photos. But since I needed something to blog about I looked through my photos I found out that I haven't bloged about this necklace.

A couple of month ago I joined in on the Bead Mavens Bead soup double up swap challange. This is the bead I resieved from my swap partner Susa Gasser with the blog Perlensusa.


Since the swap was suposed to contain seed beads and a focal (which was the only thing we had to use) I decided to challange myself and make a bead woven piece. But I couldn't get it the way I wanted so I ended up making my very first bead embroidery. I am very happy with the outcome of it and I really liked this tecnique. It is more than likely that there will be more bead embroidery pieces for me in the future. Here are soe pictures but looking at them now I reaalice that they are not the best, they are a bit to sunny so some of the edging is not visible. Maybe I shoult find me someone (in other words my sister) that can model it for me.

1 comment: